Thursday, December 10, 2015

Time to get a new computer

So the other day we had a window message pop up: "Upgrade to Windows 10 now!" Our computer is pretty old so we always just click "No Thanks".  And I did this time too ... only to have it start downloading anyway!

I don't know, maybe I misclicked?  It sure looked like an official Windows thing (and still seems to have been), so I don't think it was a virus of some sort. Anyway I figured, whatever, maybe it's fated to happen eventually anyway, right?  So when it was done downloading I went ahead and installed.

Oh man.

First the good.  It freed up about 60G on our hard drive.  That's worthwhile for the amount of memory Becky's photography is using.

But oh man, the bad.  Our computer runs sooooo slow now.  Constantly freezes up.  It gets worse when we try to use multiple programs simultaneously.  So frustrating.

Now, our computer is about six years old.  It was kinda' glitchy anyway.  We've been contemplating getting a new one.  So it's really not a hard decision between going through the hassle of backing out the Win10 install or getting a new machine. We're going to get a new machine.

I'm really unimpressed with Windows 10, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment