Thursday, December 3, 2015

Family Gaming

Tabby has discovered a new game in Minecraft.  I don't remember what it's called ... some sort of quick build competition.  The players are given a theme and have 3 minutes to build something related to that theme.  Then all players get to tour each others' builds and vote on which is best.  She loves it.  "I don't win, but I'm just a little kid and it's fun and that's what games are for, right?  To have fun?"

That is right, Tabby.  You have fun.  I love that she's doing something creative like that in a game.

We had a fun time playing games over Thanksgiving.  I recently bought some new games we played a couple times.  Ascension and Dominion.  They're very similar.  I went to Gnome Games intending to purchase Dominion on a day they had a 25% off sale, but they were sold out, so I got Ascension because it was similar.  Then a few weeks later when I went in and saw they had some copies of Dominion I snagged one.

Tabby's favorite is a game we have called Dead Man's Draw.  It's a push your luck type card game based on an app.

So anyway, over Thanksgiving while Jack & Sam were both up we played those games a few times.  So fun.

Games aren't really Becky's thing, so she didn't join us.  Plus she wanted to put together a photo display for a networking thing a friend from church was holding for a bunch of women who run their own businesses.

I guess it's good that someone in the house has responsible priorities, but I am also glad I have kids that see the value in gaming.


No comments:

Post a Comment