Sunday, October 9, 2011

Fun Filler

So much eventful I hardly know where to start.

The new job has been good. Mostly I'm playing with spreadsheets. I get paid to do homework!

Jack turned 18! And got his driver's license! Becky is scared to death.

My parents spent a few days here. It's been about 3 years since we've seen them. It was very nice. I've got pictures to post.

But that's going to take some time to put together. So for now I'll just pass on a little fairy tale Tabby acted out in the tub tonight.

Several of her "My Little Ponies" were lined up on the edge of the tub talking or playing or I don't know what, when her dolly came along and started kicking them into the water.

"What a naughty little girl!" I said.

"Yeah," Said Tabby. Kick.

We had a great time with me running ponies away from the doll while she chased after to kick us into the water. In the end, there just aren't enough places to run around a tub and all the ponies were kicked in. I picked up my book and read a bit. Next thing I now, the doll is gathering all the ponies out of the water in a pot.

"Oh, is she rescuing the ponies now?"

"No. She's going to boil them and eat them."

"Like, she's going to eat the ponies for dinner?"

"Yep."

"Wow, that's horrible. You're not supposed to boil ponies. You pet them and ride them and feed them apples."

"Yep. She's naughty."

Back to reading my book. Suddenly all the ponies are lined up on the tub again and the Barbie mermaid is casting healing magic over them all.

"Did Barbie rescue the ponies?"

"Yes, because she's a good guy."

"Oh that's wonderful."

"And now they're going to boil the naughty little girl."

Sure enough. Now I noticed the doll in the pot that the ponies had been in.

"What?! That's horrible."

"They're going to eat her for dinner now."

"Maybe . . . maybe instead of eating her, Barbie can rescue her from the pot and heal her up and maybe she's learned her lesson and will be good now?"

"Yeah, whatever Dad."

The end.

1 comment:

  1. Jack, we had such a great time with your family! I love you, and I loved being there and watching you all interact with one another. Your boys are great, and Tabby is so precious I could just eat her up! Her imagination is something else, as your bathtime story above so aptly illustrates. Thanks for a fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete