Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Rango

Tabby: Dad, you haven't played pony yet today.

Me: You're right, I haven't. I'm going to eat lunch right now, though.

Tabby: Okay, I'll wait while you eat lunch. Then we can play pony.

Me: I was thinking about going to a movie.

Tabby: /gasp! Can I come?

Me: Do you want to see a movie?

Tabby: Yes! And we can eat popcorn and drink soda!

Me: Okay, let's go to a movie.

So we went to the nearby budget theater. While the boys went to see Limitless (which they thought was an awesome show), I took Tabby to see Rango.

Rango was a fun movie. Weird, artsy, but lots of fun. Good storyline, well developed theme, great characters. I've got to admit that after watching the movie, I kind of worried about it scaring Tabby. The bad guys are frightening. Heck, a lot of the good guys are frightening! It's violent for a kids' film, kind of dark at times and coarse in an out west, cowboy way. More foul language than you find in, say, a Barbie movie. Tabby seems to have done fine with it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment