Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Yoga

Through the end of last year at United Health, they offered a once a week yoga class for employees.  I tried it early in the year just 'cause I was curious about yoga.  The whole relaxation thing was, meh, I could take it or leave it.  I don't feel like I much need it.  But I really liked the stretching.  So I continued to go.

At the end of the year, they discontinued the class.  However, the instructor, Erin, teaches at a local yoga studio (Everybody's Yoga) and mentioned that every Sunday evening they offer a class to raise money for charity.  So this past Sunday I asked Tabby if she wanted to go try a Yoga class with me.

She loved it.

First of all, it was fun to go do something with Dad.  At least, I tell myself that was the #1 thing.  Tabby was also very impressed with Erin, who is one of the nicest people I've ever met.  "Oh Tabby it is so nice to meet you!  I'm glad you came.  Give me hug."  Plus, Tabby was really impressed watching Erin do handstands and side crow and all those cool yoga things.  Half way through the class Tabby commented, "this is challenging and that's good.  I'm getting strong!"  Then at the end of the class, "I love Erin.  We have to come do this again next week, Dad".

No comments:

Post a Comment